200 day challenge nears the 75 day mark. What has happened so far:
- I lost weight. I’m about 2 kgs lighter than I’ve ever been. (around 68kg)
- I am leaner. The wheat belly has flattened out.
- I feel lighter.
- I’ve not had too many sugar cravings.
- I’m very consistent in low impact exercise
Here’s what I learned:
- The ‘no cheat’ day has made a big improvement. I’m the kind of person who has a ‘on/off’ switch and I react much better than there are no ‘get out of jail’ cards
- The big challenge is important. I struggled getting to 100 days last year but now it feels easier.
- I need to watch out on how I increase intensity in my exercise. My lower back strain knocked out a week and was really painful. An accumulated increase in intensity across swimming, medicine ball, running and cycling (as well as work commitments) – while not enough individually to cause an injury – added together put too much stress on my body. Answer: Another reminder to build in more rest days. Ahh. It’s hard. But you need to do this!
- Talk about your challenge more often makes it seems a part of who I am. Makes it more real.